For all local moving jobs, we begin with a move consultation. Generally, this can be completed over the phone, however, for larger, more complex moves, we may request an in-home consultation. The move consultation is very important, because it is how we learn about the move locations, and the items we will be moving. During the consultation, we will go over the following:
- Details about your move locations (floors, stairs/elevator, walk distances, street parking vs loading docks, etc.)
- List of items to be moved
- Details about items (glass, mirrors, antiques, fragile items, unusually large/heavy items)
- Disassembly/reassembly of items
- Appliance disconnection/reconnection
- Addresses of your move locations to calculate drive time
Following your move consultation, we will send you a written estimate, which details the estimated cost of your move (list of all items to be moved, number of movers, a range of hours to complete your move, trip fee, and any materials needed). Once you receive your estimate, if you would like to book your move, you simply click the approve button, pay your deposit, and you will receive a booking confirmation email. You will receive a reminder email the day before your move, and the crew will always call you when they are the way.
Once the move has been completed, the crew manager will create an invoice, and you will pay the balance due (less the deposit paid) with cash check, or credit/debit card (we add 3.5% service fee to all card payments).